In case you weren’t aware, social media is big business in the 21st century:
- In the UK alone, 76% of adults have at least one social media account
- 66% of UK users log in to at least one account every day.
- Globally, over 3.2 billion people have an active social media account.
- Facebook is the most popular platform with over 2 billion users across the world.
- For 13 – 21-year-olds, the most popular platforms are Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Nike is the most followed brand on Instagram with 72m followers. On Facebook, it’s Samsung (152m) and PlayStation on Twitter (16m)
With the proliferation of social media over the last decade or so, a huge opportunity exists for marketers and brands to utilise user-generated content (UGC) within their marketing mix. UGC can have a huge impact upon attitudes and behaviours of viewers due to the perceived ‘trustworthiness’ and ‘accuracy’ that organic, customer supplied content benefits from.
Creating connected journeys for your audience
Unsurprisingly, many organisations want to bring social media activity into their retail or workspaces to help connect the online and real-world environments. We’ve been integrating social media content into out of home digital displays for over 6 years when we first worked with Nokia to bring a bespoke 6-screen social media dashboard to their international head offices in Finland, London and California.
Since then, we’ve brought social content into Argos, Urban Decay, Screwfix, several retail banks, and House of Fraser to name but a few. We have also worked with the likes of Harry Ramsden, Manchester Central and London Olympia on projects allowing users to create and share content in those locations to screens (and social media accounts) owned by the brands.
It’s not just about tweets, either. You can use social content such as Reevo and Bazaarvoice reviews, as well as share of voice and demographic statistics to illustrate how well and how widely your brand is heard!
‘Like’ this? ‘Keen to ‘Share’ your next project with us?
If you have a need for social media on screens, get in touch with us today to discuss your ideas.